Kilcommon ChurchA brief history of Kilcommon Church
Capacity of 240.
Site may originally been a Rath the remains of which may still be discerned in S and W boundaries. An early Christian wooden church was erected in the Rath followed by a stone church, enlarged in stages. In 1615 the church was still in good repair.
In 1790 a collection was taken for the erection of a belltower. The church may have been enlarged in 1810 but the belltower was not erected until about 1820 when the entire church was modernised. The reredos behind the altar was added in 1937.
Location of Kilcommon Church
Rev Ruth Elmes
The Rectory Churchlands Tinahely, Co Wicklow